Friday, May 21, 2010

HELEN'S FISH DONE 5-30-2010


               HELEN'S FISH
Started 5-21-2020

Status as of 5-30-2010  DONE

with Oliver at Fort Trumbull

Because of the two sided nature of these fish, I now also provide a black shelf
with a lip that can be used so one can easily display either side the fish
simply by turning it around.  


Fort Trumbull


Back Side

Fort Trumbull


 

Helen's Fish with Oliver on the Studio Porch 5-25-2010


Original study from
 a cone design done many moons ago.

Below Face Study

Rear Tail Fin area

And the
Artist's self portrait on the other side!


Sketching it on the foam core  5-23-2010


Enlarging the circle and modifying other areas.

The circle cut out 5-23-2010
Looking good!  A lot more layers to go.

After sanding the edges and inperfections
a liberal application of gesso
is applied filling in the spaces

                                       

I am thinking of adding a fish within the oval window
and a large fin on the front side. 
Also,  Let there be ruby red lips!

Photos as of 5-25-2010 morning work.

LIPS DESIGN 5-25-2010

Front Side with lips 5-25-2010

Studio Porch Scene


                                     


On porch chair 5-25-2010

Rvers side where the small fish will go in the circle.

Oliver and Helen's Fish  5-25-2010



5-26-2005  almost ready for color 
needs some  stuff on the hat.
I love making these fish with someone in mind.
This one has been a lot of work to fill and smooth out the glued sandwich joints.
As of this morning, he is lookin' good.  Still need to construct the extra fish for the back side.
This will happen tonight.

4 comments:

  1. This one will be a joy. I found the cone in my studio and it just rolled into my imagination to be rendered as a large fish. I made the cone a while ago and it is set up to be a cap on the pole attached to Varuna Vibe. You can folow the progress as I work on the sculpture.

    Thanks for being Helen George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen: This provides the template and possibley the center panel from which the the balance of the design will flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The extra fish did not get started last night. Lazinesds before the thunderstorm is my excuse. I slept right through the storm whick also involved a lights out period from tye lightning. I understand it was pretty wild. I had a great sleep which is a plus for me at my age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will make a fin tonight for the front side, a fish or two for the backside oval, and, I might even get out my favorite green and my favorite pink and my favorite subdued black (for outlinig). It is very possible that I will just watch some TV with my sister and sit around on the porch and go to bed early. Thanks for being. George

    ReplyDelete